I heard Martin Sexton's song, "Wild Angels" for the first time a few months ago and had to move with it. I played it over and over and something happened within me as I moved and heard, "We're all wild angels, sent down from our childhood dreams."
What happened? I can only make quasi-educated guesses. Maybe -
1- I felt absolved of all my adult sins. Given my childhood background and adult life, this would be moving along the magnitude of a Richter 7.0.
2- In a related sense, it could have been guilt moving into the zone of self-forgiveness - the weight of the world moving off my shoulders.
3- Regret. What happened to those childhood dreams? They'd been buried so long, I didn't even remember what they were and had to think about it. And then, mourn the loss of so many years without them.
"We are born with all this music in our heart
We tend forget a little each day right from the start
In a dream I rolled on back the clock and found another way
To remember ... the words..."
4- Hope
" We all love the sound of music in our head
And we feel the joy and pain cause we aint dead
We have the power and the duty and the means to change the world
And to remember the words ...
5- Joy
Cause we are wild angels
Sent down from our childhood dreams
And we’re just trying to get ourselves back to the source of the stream
We are wild and we are free
It’s where we want to be
6- Unconditional Support and Acceptance - Knowing we are not alone -
Come and join us on the journey down the winding road
Doesn’t matter what you fear cause we are bold
We got the light inside us of the universe
Gonna let it flow like a raging river
wow.
7- Free
It's ok to be me.
8- Self acceptance.
All that from a singer-songwriter Martin Sexton's powerful "Wild Angels" song. It may not affect others as it did me (it felt so personal!)... but, it made the USA Today Top Ten Pick for some reason.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment